Go Green, Build Green!
Choose Almaxco Aluminium Composite Panels
Almaxco continuously strives to improve its operations and production process to reduce its carbon footprint.
We do this by:
- Choosing to work with raw material suppliers who are certified and accredited with environmentally friendly practices.
- We prefer to work with raw material suppliers who are located within a 500 miles radius of our factory, so that we can reduce the emissions of CO2 from the transportation vehicles which deliver the raw materials to us.
- Embracing manufacturing processes that do not emit any greenhouse gases.
- Recycling all our waste production by selling our aluminium waste to special smelter plants who recycle the aluminum using environmentally friendly procedures.
- Recycling of waste water.
- Installing a regenerative catalytic thermal oxidizer on our paint coating lines to reduce the release of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) during the paint coating process.
- Using energy saver bulbs to light all areas of our manufacturing facility and administrative buildings.
- Using raw materials which are bio-degradable and non-toxic.
These may be just some small steps which we have consciously decided to embrace and we will always strive to implement more ways to reduce our impact on the world’s fragile environment.
Almaxco panels are certified by Singapore Green Label and Ecospecifier Australia, meeting their criteria so as to be classified as a “Green Building Material”. Our products proudly contribute to LEED points for buildings to be sustainable and environmentally friendly.
Achieving our Sustainability Goals
In-line Regenerative Catalytic Thermal Oxidizer (Paint Coating)
As part of our on-going efforts to achieve our Sustainability Goals, we have invested in an In-line Regenerative Catalytic Thermal Oxidizer, which during the coating process reduces the release of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) that are known to be a cause of Ozone depletion.
A regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) is an industrial process for the treatment of exhaust air. The system uses a bed of ceramic material to absorb heat from the exhaust gas and use the captured heat to preheat the incoming process gas stream.
The basic operation of an RTO consists of passing a hot gas stream over a heat sink material in one direction and recovering that heat by passing a cold gas stream through that same heat sink material in an alternate cycle.
They are used to destroy air toxics and VOCs that are discharged in industrial process exhausts.
Re-Cycle of Waste Water
Water and chemicals are used during the degreasing process of aluminium coils. This produces acidic wastewater, which goes through a re-cycling process and neutralizes the PH content before being re-cycled back into the degreasing process. The sedimentation which is a by-product of the degreasing process, is removed by a specialist company who will dispose off the sediment in an environmentally friendly & sustainable manner.
Almaxco ACP is a verified product under the Ecospecifier Global Verified program, we are committed to producing environmentally sustainable products using recycled raw materials and embracing eco-friendly operations and production processes.
Our Sustainability Program is aimed at implementing our current environmental & sustainability goals listed below and to explore new and more environmentally friendly production and operational processes which will increase the yields and efficiencies of our overall business.